1) Connecticut has regulations
concerning boating certificates. The CT Department of Energy and
Environmental Protection (DEEP) requires students to obtain, prior to
attending a class, and at no cost, a Connecticut Conservation ID
Number. That number automatically places the student's
information into the State of CT system. This currently is the
same system that allows CT residents to obtain hunting and fishing licenses.
*** Any one that currently has a hunting or fishing license will already have
2) The DEEP's website can be found at
3) The student will need to provide the
Flotilla with that number on the day of the class.
4) If the student passes the test at the
end of the class the Flotilla will submit on-line to the State "the pass" on
that student's ID number.
5) The student will then be able to go to
the State web site, pay the $50.00 fee by credit card and print his/her
Certificate (generally within 72 hours).